Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jabba the Banana Bread

In case you think everything I make turns to culinary gold, here's an epic fail from the coffee kitchen.

I tried a new gluten / casein free banana bread recipe. It called for a lot of baking powder and I thought that was kinda weird, but I made it anyway. I doubled the recipe to make 2 loaves but I think doubling the baking powder was a bad idea.

The batter was filled to the top of the bread pans but as you can see, it rose...and rose....and rose.
And then it fell. (FYI- my wooden cutting board has been used for one too many art projects over the years. Ignore the pink and purple marker please.)
And it looked like this. Jabba the banana bread.



The kids ate it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. He! He! These gluten and grain free flours are so unforgiving. We have things like that too.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the same thing happen with a bread recipe I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs